US Tax and
Financial Information
Personal Income Tax Forms does not research or endorse any product or service appearing in ads on this site.
Before making a major financial decision you  should consult a qualified professional.
Bookmark and Share

Site Map
What's New
Free in 30!
Personal Tax
Tax Rates
California Tax
Save Money
Contact / About Us

Personal Tax -> Federal Individual Income Tax Return Forms

Personal Income Tax Forms

Form 1040 is the only form that will be used for the 2018 and later tax years.  It replaces Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ with one Form 1040 for all taxpayers.

Form 1040 on the IRS website

    - This form uses a "building block" approach and allows taxpayers to add only the schedules they need to their tax return.

    - The most commonly used lines on the prior year form are still on the form.  Other lines are moved to new schedules and are organized by category.  These categories include income, adjustments to income, nonrefundable credits, taxes, payments, and refundable credits.

    - Many taxpayers will not need to complete any of the schedules.

Do you usually file a paper return - perhaps you should think about filing electronically.  It is very easy to use tax software, and your tax return will be processed more quickly.

Less commonly used income tax return forms:

Form 1040-C U.S. Departing Alien Income Tax Return

Form 1040-NR U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return 

Form 1040-NR-EZ U.S. Income Tax Return for Certain Nonresident Aliens With No Dependents

Form 1040-SS U.S. Self-Employment Tax Return (Including the Additional Child Tax Credit for Bona Fide Residents of Puerto Rico)

Form 1040-X Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return - now available for electronic filing, as of August 17, 2020.

Form 1041 U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts

Form 1041-N U.S. Income Tax Return for Electing Alaska Native Settlement Trusts

All forms - IRS website

Revised: August 18, 2020


Copyright 2008 Boat Harbour Holdings Ltd.   See Reproduction of information on

The information on this site is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice.  Each person's situation differs, and a professional advisor can assist you in using the information on this web site to your best advantage.
Please see our legal disclaimer regarding the use of information on our site, and our Privacy Policy regarding information that may be collected from visitors to our site.